Independent Health Care Service welcomes feedback from our clients, family members and our personnel. You can provide feedback via our website here, or via our Feedback Form here. This form can be printed and returned to us via the post or email.
Independent Health Care Service (IHCS) is committed to ensuring that any person or organisation using IHCS services or affected by its operations has the right to lodge a complaint or to appeal a decision of the organisation and to have their concerns addressed in ways that ensure access and equity, fairness, accountability and transparency.
- consider all complaints it receives
- treat all complainants with respect, recognising that the issue of complaint is important to the complainant
- maintain confidentiality of parties involved, keeping any information private to those directly involved in the complaint and its resolution
- ensure advocacy is available to clients who make a complaint and require support
- resolve complaints, where possible, to the satisfaction of the complainant
- deal with all complaints in a timely manner
- keep parties to the complaint informed of progress of the complaint
- ensure that Directors, members, staff are given information about the complaints procedure as part of their induction and are aware of procedures for managing client feedback and complaints.
- ensure all service users, stakeholders and members are aware of the complaints policy and procedures
- ensure that a complainant is not penalised in any way or prevented from use of services during the progress of an issue.
- ensure that feedback data (both positive and negative) is considered in organisational reviews and in planning service improvements.